We are seeking a Technical Director – Ecology
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy, who provide a comprehensive and diverse set of professional services to a broad client base.
You will be responsible for leading the Greater Manchester Ecology Team and providing technical advice to the team and its clients and undertaking ecological field surveys and the analysis and interpretation of survey results.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Continue the development of the Ecology Team by seeking and exploiting business opportunities, strengthening the existing client base. Providing technical review and signed approval of survey reports to the GM Ecology team and other ecology teams when necessary.
- Producing appraisals, reports, licence applications, Ecological Impact Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments, EPS licences and other similar documents as required.
- Prepare, check and provide signed approval of detailed Risk Assessments, Method Statements and similar, as required in the day to day exercising of their functions.
- Taking responsibility for managing ecological projects including resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, quality assurance, client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
- Preparation of fee proposals and tenders especially for medium and large projects, including multi-disciplinary bids/proposals as required.
- Have relevant qualifications, full knowledge and demonstrable experience of Ecological Impact Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment.
- Have experience of managing complex projects to completion, involving the co-ordination of several related disciplines.
- Have a proven track record of mentoring and managing an ecology team.
- Protected Species licence applications for development purposes.
- Be able to demonstrable a track record in business development.