We are currently seeking a Structural / Civil Engineer to provide Forensic and Structural Engineering consulting services to our clients diverse client base.
Day to day activities will focus on cause and origin investigations relating to defects and failures of residential and commercial structures as well as preparation of structural engineering design work as and when required. The candidate must be proficient with technical oral and written communication and be able to defend and support conclusions. Other duties include forensic photography, collecting physical evidence and maintaining chain of custody, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and oversee field-testing. Experience of dealing with insurance claims, loss adjusters and solicitors would be an advantage.
- Field Investigations: Make cause and origin determinations relating to construction defects and structural failures on a wide variety of project types, sizes and complexities.
- Manage forensic investigations within the field of civil/structural engineering based upon a scope of work and prepared budgets. Provide expert-level consultation to our clients to assist in answering technical questions.
- Produce written forensic reports of findings in accordance with Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR 35).
- Prepare Structural Engineering design in structural steel, masonry, reinforced concrete and timber.
- Prepare technical specifications for Structural and Civil engineering works.
- Have a good understanding of below ground foul and surface water drainage, and on site infrastructure work.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently. Coordinates other support activities and testing when needed and ensure client deliverables are addressed in a timely manner.
- Use of appropriate calculations, applications and figures to ensure the proper procedures are applied.
- Adhere to company health and safety protocols.
- BEng degree in Civil Engineering and 10+ years’ experience.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) certification.
- Project management and field investigation experience required.
- Must have high level of analytical skills; design skills in reinforced concrete, structural steelwork, timber and masonry,and be a proficient technical writer and communicator. Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be proficient in structural engineering design and fully conversant with current codes, industry best practice and building regulations.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels (e.g. internal and external).
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications, computer assisted draughtingand design software.
- Must maintain a driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation.
- Ability to travel to areas located in proximity to your based location and occasional overnight travel to support other regions as needed.