We have an excellent opportunity for an Estimator with a Structural Steel background.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing steelwork company.
As an Estimator, you will be responsible for providing accurate and efficient estimates based upon contractor tender documents, drawings, models and bills of quantity. There will be some CAD where required
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:-
- These include but are not limited to:- support client relations and enquiry management.
- Coordinating daily quotation activities as well as recommending economical product solutions to accommodate various sales and enquiry requests.
- Managing the schedule and programme demands as set forth by clients and other members of the estimating department to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Supplying well qualified and accurate quotation proposals through the effective application of custom developed and third party estimating software and company procedures.
- Determining the extent of value engineering opportunities wherever they exist for client consideration
- The successful candidate should have worked in an estimating role for a minimum of 2 years within a structural steel company.
- Possess substantial experience of structural steel work estimating ideally having worked on high value tenders.
- Experience of compiling tender submissions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with capability of building rapport with clients.
- Site Experience is preferred
- CAD experience