As the Senior Planner you will be expected to assist in the delivery the Planning function for a diverse range of projects throughout the lifecycle of a contract (from Tender to Handover).
You will support the Estimating department in producing tender programmes, programme advise, value engineering options, operational delivery solutions and input into bid document information.
You will support the Project Management team in the delivery of the contract programme, you will report on progress, ensure change is accurately captured generally support the site teams in relation to Planning and Programming.
- In collaboration with the Estimating and Bid Teams, help produce tender programmes from available drawings and specifications
- Support the Bid Team where possible in producing documentation for Bid Submissions
- With support from the Head of Planning, ensure programmes are fully logic linked, checked for programme robustness and show design (where applicable), procurement and construction phases along with contract dates such as key dates, sectional completions etc
- With support from the Head of Planning, ensure that programmes are updated and submitted as per the contractual requirements of a project
- Develop accurate project programmes for daily, weekly or monthly updates as applicable
- Assist the Project Management teams in being able to present and communicate the programme to the relevant stakeholders
- Work with external personnel such as designers or sub-contractors and ensure that their programmes are received and subsequently reviewed and captured within the main programme
- Ensure all programmes are created, updated and stored correctly in line with the Volker Laser Planning Manual
Skills & experience
- Use of Primavera P6 or other planning software
- Expert use of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering construction practices
- Relevant Civil Engineering qualifications (HNC/HND/Degree)
- Professional Qualification