We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor
This is a great opportunity to join a well established civil engineering company.
As the the Quantity Surveyor you will assist in the day to day financial management of allocated contracts, including procurement, monitoring and payment of nominated subcontractors.
Responsibilities would include:
- Managing monthly cost reports, as well as forecasting cost and value accurately from commencement of a project through to completion of the project on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Submission of interim and final valuations promptly
- Review contract progress and be proactive in addressing issues, including the issuing of relevant notices as required
- Review all issues including providing solutions, costs and advice to ensure successful project completion
- Ensure cash flow is maintained and provide early forecasting of any short fall
- The procurement, placement of orders, payment, monitoring and review of subcontractors
- Agreeing final accounts with clients and subcontractors
Skills/Experience: The successful applicant will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor who is commercially aware and contractually astute. They will be conversant in the NEC Suite of Contracts; FIDIC, ICC and JCT contracts.
They will also be an excellent team player who is capable of working individually with a demonstrable track record of successful commercial management of civil engineering projects including major earthworks and Balance of Plant for onshore wind farms.