We are recruiting for Project Managers with civil engineering background for Projects in the South London region
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading contractors
- Piling, foundations, concrete, reinforced concrete and steel but on the bridge side so a lot of bridge refurbishment not structures, blasting and painting , bridges new or old
- Ownership of the project outcomes
- Partnership thinking and working
- Exemplary behaviour and guidance in Health & Safety management
- Long term strategy and planning
- Orientation towards positive outcomes whilst understanding cost and cost improvement programmes.
- Drive performance across complex and varied stakeholder groups
- Dedicate time to personal and team development and training
Skills & experience
- Management: General management experience gained within a contracting environment, with significant operational responsibility and wide ranging knowledge over a range of disciplines including operations, finance and HR.
- Technical: A construction background from a Tier 1 Main Contractor, delivering projects worth £10 million +. Able to demonstrate leading successful and innovative service quality programmes underpinned with knowledge of performance reporting and measurement methodologies. Excellent programming skills (Asta). Good understanding of NEC form of contract & JCT D&B.
- Commercial: Understanding of cashflows and project costs and proficiency in containing them on site. Able to work alongside the QS and form a partnership to deliver the project.
- Interpersonal: Highly developed influencing skills, able to build win-win alliances between internal and external stakeholders. Excellent team-player who believes in moulding staff around them. Familiar with worker behavioural programmes.
- General: High standards of HSEQ and ability to implement and maintain own systems and strategies to achieve the highest standards on site.
Experience – 8 to 12 years’ experience civil engineering , CSCS , ideally first aid, SMSTS
Subcontract experience, management of labour, ability to oversee the site, four weekly look ahead plans, delivery of the work packages, running and monitoring of the health and safety.
Working mainly on site