We are seeking a Procurement Manager!
This is a great opportunity to join a market leader with a rich history of business and technical innovation spanning over 180 years who is consistently ranked as one of the best-known brands.
Our client specialize in mechanical solutions, for rotating equipment, and separation, mixing and application technology within the energy sector.
Purpose of the job
Responsible for managing all purchasing related activity for assigned Team and the related Products and Services, supporting Head Of Procurement in the change management of team and processes.
You will develop strong working relationships across the business with key departments and stakeholders, work on the identified service level requirements to establish targeted objectives, departmental targets, KPI’s to measure overall team performance.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Adherence to SPUK policies and procedures regarding the purchase of Products and Services and in accordance with the finance department procedures applicable to Procurement.
- Conduct annual appraisals, performance reviews and to maintain strong lines of communication within the team.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that materials are delivered to site to achieve critical milestone payments as a contribution to maintaining positive cash flow.
- Ensure buyers are complying with internal milestones and utilising milestone tools to ensure overall project milestones are supported
- Work with buyers on their commodity strategies and producing savings through that strategy
- Support the drive for Low Cost Source targets
- Provide support to the tendering department in respect of providing pricing and availability information.
- Carry out Supplier performance reviews as deemed necessary in order to maintain Supplier Performance levels for Quality, Cost, Delivery, Management, Safety & Environmental, for all assigned Products and Services.
Qualifications/Experience and Knowledge Required
- Familiar with developing Supplier strategies inclusive of Low Cost
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiating / cost analysis skills
- Strong teamwork ethic
- Excellent Influencing and persuasion skills
- Experienced practitioner within the development of KPI’s to drive continuous improvement within overall Supplier Performance
- Commercial acumen
- Customer focused / Customer orientated
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a change management environment
- Flexibility and willingness to travel in accordance with business requirements.
- CIPS qualification preferred
- Excellent experience in the negotiation of supply agreements.]
- Experience in managing supplier performance and implementing effective countermeasures as appropriate.
- Experience in driving change in process and culture
- Excellent focus on Quality, Price and delivery