We are seeking a Planning Manager.
This is a great opportunity to join a specialist UK-based property developer.
Reporting to and working with the Directors you will be responsible for the identification, negotiation and acquisition of strategic residential & commercial / mixed use sites. In addition to this, you will assist with managing and controlling the promotion of a portfolio of strategic sites through the Local Plan process through to the submission of planning applications and where necessary via an appeal.
We are looking for an experienced individual with sector experience – Residential open market and PRS, industrial warehousing, student, mixed use etc
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing planning applications through the planning and appeal process, negotiation agreements and the promotion of sites through the Local Plan process.
- Site identification through network of existing contacts
- Site visit and due diligence to include review of planning position, ground conditions, easements, restrictive covenants, title, land assembly, trees, availability of services
- Optimisation of layout having regard to factors such as utilities, proximity to listed buildings, trees etc.
- Preparation of development appraisals/ option appraisal
- Negotiation of conditional/unconditional contracts and Option Agreements
- Management of acquisition of site with external legal teams
- Assessment and interpretation of legal documents, reports, surveys and planning conditions and how they might affect the delivery process • Preparation of supporting viability assessments as necessary to justify reduced affordable housing
- Instruction and management of civil and structural engineers with responsibility for road/sewer design and superstructure/foundation design
- RTPI qualification
- 4-5 years experience in a similar role
- Delivered and had responsibility for successful large scale planning permissions in excess
- Driving Licence