Our client is a global leader in the provision of technology and services and Its differentiated technology is used in mining, oil & gas and general industrial markets around the world.
We are seeking a Laser Cladding Lead to To lead the operation of a laser cladding cell and guide R&D activities to develop new and improved laser claddings.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
- Degree in mechanical engineering, physical metallurgy, materials science or physics.
- Experience in the operation of laser systems and powder deposition technologies
- Experience in the development of weld overlay materials, particularly wear resistant overlays.
- Highly developed written & oral communication skills
- Ability to deliver technical presentations to audiences of varying levels of knowledge
- Project management skills
- Research PhD in a relevant technical field
- Experience in laser cladding in a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience in the development of materials and processes for wear resistant and/or corrosion resistant applications.