Our client is one of Europe’s largest monitoring specialists who deliver technically advanced systems that deliver solutions to multiple industry sectors.
Due exciting rapidly evolving business we seeking to recruit an Inclinometer Site Technician
The responsibilities of an Inclinometer Site Technician are to carry out accurate measurements of pre-installed tubing using a variety of specialist instrumentation. Results are collated, summarised and presented in a format and at a frequency that fulfils the clients requirements.
- Undertake readings and constantly check the accuracy of the readings.
- Report unsafe practices and instances of quality/service failure
- Maintain high levels cleanliness at all time.
- Provide flexibility were structural constraints restrict progress
- Complete time sheets & expense claims as defined by Administration
- Minimise journey times & drive using economical techniques.
- Resolve equipment & reporting faults in a timely manner.
- Select products & services by value not convenience
- Ensure concise communications with team members, support functions and customers through regular contact, both written and verbal.
- Ensure strict compliance with company policies and procedures to ensure a consistent approach to work delivery.
- Actively contribute to Quality, Safety and Environmental initiatives, in order to support a proactive Health & Safety culture.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide support for other technicians & departments when necessary.
- When working as a person in charge you are accountable for the safety and the safety of all persons in their work group. This includes risks of being struck by trains and from the risks associated with the task and location. As a person in charge hold COSS / SWL competencies or IWA when working alone.
Essential Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Practical experience using equipment and tooling in a construction or tradesman capacity.
- Hold a range of industry specific competencies.
- Ability to work flexible working hours, including nights, weekends, at various locations throughout the UK.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of the tasks at hand.
- Ability to exercise judgment to solve operational problems where the answer is not always apparent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other software packages (OpenOffice) and Email packages
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with direct reports, colleagues and customers.
- Personal Track Safety (PTS) and CSCS competency
- Full driving license.
Desirable Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Experience of 3D monitoring techniques
- Experience of Civil Engineering projects, particularly earthworks
- Controller of Site Safety railway competences.
- Ability to contribute effectively to strategic challenges outside of the monitoring business unit.
- COSS trained.