Our client is one of Europe’s largest monitoring specialists who deliver technically advanced systems that deliver solutions to multiple industry sectors.
The successful Design Engineer will be responsible for undertaking design engineering projects.
- Produce technical manuals for service, training, and maintenance
- Interpret drawings and specifications
- Contact suppliers to obtain any further information on products.
- Produce engineering calculations
- CAD engineering tools and database content management – apply and utilize industry standard CAD packages to design and engineer projects, creating CAD blocks and content, applying drawing standards and revision management procedures, providing maintenance of CAD component database.
- Preparation of component and assembly designs, in the form of 3D models, 2D technical drawings and other associated technical documentation, to address technical issues identified by a combination of real-world testing, analytical study and engineering judgement
- Preparation of design release packs including supporting evidence such as calculations to support key design decisions
- Close cooperation with other key technical stakeholders
- Effective application of sound engineering principles and own experience to contribute to the determination of potential root causes for technical challenges, and to propose potential design solutions
- Assist with ongoing R&D projects
Essential Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- BEng degree in an Engineering field.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer programs used for the job (AutoCAD programs, MS Office, ERP systems).
- Knowledge of and experienced in working with 3D CAD systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to operate as part of a team both within and outside of the Engineering department
- Sound documentation capabilities and thus experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint for example
- Good planning and organisation skills
Desirable Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
Ability to contribute to software development for use in process control, i.e. ladder logic