We have great opportunity for a Design Engineer to work within an experienced team of Design and Test Engineers in the West Yorkshire area. Our client is in a very large and fast growth phase and therefore we are looking for an experienced person to help increase the rate of growth.
- Fully conversant with the relevent design standrds we work to such as ASME, ANSI, EEMUA,API etc
- Autocad experience is essential
- Experience in designing piping and instrument valves
- Be able to work in a team and think outside the box
- Use initiative to bring designs from an idea to a manufactured product working with Procurement and Operations to minimise cost
- An understanding of machining would be desirable though being able to work closely with our CNC operations team and understand how to produce parts is a must.
- Knowledge of Ball or other valves is essential in order to slot into the programme as smoothly as possible.
- Degree qualified preferred
- Strong problem solving skills, capable of coming up with creative approaches for generating new ideas and improving existing processes or products in the unit.
- A professional skill level in the use of CAD and Inventor software is expected, using engineering and design principles to maximise output.