We are seeking a Contracts Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK leading contractors
The Contracts Manager is the most senior member of the site operations team and is the key person responsible for the successful delivery of multiple Projects.
- Be fully aware and understand the requirements and implications, to yourself and others, of the company’s current health and safety policy (this could apply to all the company policies)
- Be responsible for updating your personal information and site information, as designated, on the company intranet (workspace)
- At all times, to act professionally and promote the company’s best standards and practices
- Provide operational support to specific tender as directed by the Operations Director.
- Ensure full understanding of complete tender documentation.
- Assist in producing scope documents
- Implement the company’s procedures for dealing with sub-contractors and ensure proper co-operation and co-ordination takes place between the various parties who may share the workplace/site.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of their roles and responsibilities for specific projects.
- Manage and support the production of a resourced Construction Programme showing design, procurement, and construction phases with a clearly defined critical path and key milestone dates in line with company standards.
- Organise regular update meetings with the team to review specific progress on the sections and update the overall strategy if required. Give direction on key dates, critical path and areas of concern.
- Develop business opportunities as appropriate
Skills & experience
- Proven technical and project management abilities
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Knowledge of the requirements and implementation of CDM regulations
- Ability to produce Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets, and implement safe systems of work
- Detailed knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental issues relevant to the project environment
- Sufficient experience required in construction.