Our client is a global leader in the provision of technology and services and Its differentiated technology is used in mining, oil & gas and general industrial markets around the world.
We are seeking a Citrix Technician
As a member of the Infrastructure team you will be responsible for the services and resources provided by IT and the connectivity to them by clients and customers ensuring maximum availability and minimum impact to the business. You will own projects to improve features and reliability according to the needs of the business.
You will provide 3rd line support activities for ongoing problems assisting the 2nd line team in resolving incidents and assisting with requests from the business. Your focus will be to provide processes and procedures that enable the 2nd line team to effectively and quickly react to common business requirements while adhering to IT policies.
This role will own the Citrix environment VDI environment on site and in the cloud for the European region.
Person Specification / Skills
Should be outgoing, confident and comfortable communicating with management and users alike, being diplomatic and customer focused.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
- Strong Team player with flexible approach
- Ability to plan your own workload
- Confidence and ability to work on your own initiative
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving
- Experience managing Process / Policy / Procedure and writing documentation for varied technical experience
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with the required change management strategies
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance on strategic topics
- Document and enforce rigid technical standards and cross-train team members to ensure long term sustainability
- Key stakeholder management – to include working with senior management and regular reporting
Degree or equivalent in a computer related subject. Foundation/Intermediate level ITIL qualifications are preferred. Certifications in Microsoft/Cisco/virtualisation technologies are a requirement.
- Citrix Certified Expert
- Microsoft Certified Professional
Candidates must have at least 10 years of IT experience supporting end users. They should also have knowledge in the following areas:
- Windows Server OS
- Windows Client OS
- Backup management (Tivoli Storage Manager, Comm vault)
- Citrix Netscaler
- Citrix technologies – XenApp, XenDesktop, Storefront, XenServer
- Office 365
- Azure Server Management
- Active Directory (and AD Federation Services)
- Client Hardware – Dell and Lenovo PC, Laptop
- System Centre Config Management (SCCM)
Knowledge in the following areas would also be a distinct advantage:
- Monitoring software such as SCOM and Solarwinds
- Sharepoint Online
- System Centre Service Management (SCSM)
- Exchange Online
- Trend antivirus and iWSaaS
- Project Management methodologies Prince 2, Agile
- Service management including ITIL
Will be expected to travel to Europe from time to time and provide support in a factory environment.
Job Type: Full-time