We are seeking a Assistant Engineer
This is a great opportunity to join a well established development, housing and construction business
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Engineer to join our clients growing housing business. The principle purpose of the role is to work alongside the existing Technical Department , providing Engineering and Technical support to the team to ensure delivery of the company’s business objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing assistance and support to the current compliment of Engineers in ensuring a timely supply of information to other departments and external bodies.
- Assisting with the commissioning of Surveys, Flood Risk Assessments, Site Investigation reports etc to aid in the identification of abnormal development costs.
- Attending design team, engineering, pre-start and site progress meetings as required for each development, deputising for the current compliment of Development Engineers where necessary.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of design solutions for road and sewers, foundations, drainage and proposed levels etc. for technical approval submissions and procurement packages.
- Assist in checking that design solutions are the most cost effective and practical and comply with planning, building regulations and NHBC standards.
- Assist with the co-ordination of services/utilities for the removal/diversion/provision requirements.
- Provide assistance and support in resolving queries from site staff as and when required.
- Assist with the co-ordination of remediation strategy and MMP approvals, EHO and NHBC/LABC conditions sign-offs and validation/verification reports.
- Assist with the co-ordination of NHBC/LABC building control and warranty provision, and monitor compliance/discharge for CML deadlines.
- Assist in the collation and issue of tender, construction and pre-start drawing packages to the required timescales for the programmed start on site.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will hold a relevant qualification in Civil Engineering (HND / Degree level), preferably with previous experience of working for a residential developer in a similar capacity.